Friday, August 6, 2010

Good News!

Vanderbilt called with Brittney's most recent test results, and her levels have dropped to a 4.4! I wasn't sure what to expect because when we got there, they informed us that the information regarding the phe content of our current formula (Member's Mark brand) was outdated and there was actually a lot more phe in it that we had originally thought. That messed up the calculations they had done to determine the ratio of special PKU formula to regular formula, which could have affected the results. It was sort of a good mistake, though, because it means that Brittney's body can tolerate a lot more phe that we thought in the beginning. On the other hand, it may have kept her levels from dropping adequately with the added PKU formula. Luckily, we dropped below a 6 (the known "safe-zone" for phe levels), although our dietitian will likely adjust our formula to bring her levels down a little lower. Thank you all for following our journey!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you all. You will just keep getting wonderful news!!! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! I saw her the other day. She was so tiny and SOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that she is doing well and so sad that I have not gotten to hold her yet. The photos are adorable. She is one lucky young lady to have such great parents!

    marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I have been thinking about Andy and you so much!! I have kept updated by watching this site and through friends. You all have such a beautiful baby girl, and I saw her pics on Christy's blog, they are awesome!!I know you all have a had a tough time, but if anyone can handle it witha smile I know you can!!
    Carol Halliburton

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa and Andy,

    She is beautiful! You are blessed. I bet she is growing fast. You both are wonderful parents and Brittney is lucky. I am glad you both got some good news. May God continue to bless your family.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete