Friday, December 10, 2010

What happened?



People ask it a lot: "Where did the time go?" And truthfully, I often thought that people who ask that question simply aren't being present in their own lives because when we are present, every moment has an opportunity to sink in and stick. That thought, obviously, ended promptly when Brittney arrived. Now I'm barely able to keep up with the laundry, much less the moments flying by. I was inspired to revisit this project (or more plainly remembered I had a blog) when I stumbled upon the blog of an old friend from high school. I enjoyed looking at the pictures of her family and can't even imagine that the girl who sat in front of me in Mr. Richard's physics class senior year has a husband and a four-year-old son. Even less comprehendable to me is the fact that I, too, have a husband, a 5 month old little girl, a career, a house, a car, a car payment. When did that happen? When did I become a responsible adult? Where did the time go?

To update, Brittney's phenylalanine (phe) levels have dropped to 2.7, and we've started feeding her green beans and, for the first time today, sweet potatoes. She isn't fond of either. She also tried to sit up by herself today, holding her torso weight with her arms for a second before toppling over onto her face. Her daddy felt bad that he got so excited about her new strength that he didn't think to put a pillow to cushion her if she fell. She forgave him by trying to eat his face, her idea of baby kisses. She grabs both sides of his (or my) face, sometimes the ears or hair, and pulls him in, grunting, for a slobbery smooch. Needless to say, it's ADORABLE!

Britt also got a letter in the mail today from a jolly ol' fellow who'll be making a visit at our house this year! It's postmarked 'Nashville,' so I imagine one of his regional elves really sent it, but we won't tell her that. **wink, wink** I still have a ton, as in all, of my shopping to do for the holidays. Maybe Santa could spot me this year and I'll hit him back on the next go round. ...No? Well, it was worth a shot.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and thoughful post! It s great to hear how you all are doing. Love the picture of Britt. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete